10 Things I Learned from Running a Half-Marathon
1. Dress appropriately (according to the weather)
2. Wear a good pair of comfortable running shoes.
3. Use headphones and listen to upbeat music (it will keep you motivated)
4. Wear a sports belt (with tissue, gu, and whatever else you need)
5. Use a good chafing balm (like "Body Glide" because you will chaffe!)
6. Use blister protectors. They work.
7. Stop at water/gatorade stations to hydrate. (very important)
8. Keep talking to yourself...I can do this, I feel good, I'm almost there...
9. Train. Train. Train.
10. Take a towel and a change of clothes. The towel is to sit on (in the car driving home) and the change of clothes because you will be super duper sweaty.